Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chinese Lantern





This was a coin I was looking to produce for the Chinese New Year but I was presented anther design that I could produce in time while I worked through the details on this coin. The coin has multi level which show through the enamel. The 2nd level is the wire frame you would traditionally have in the lantern. The black nickel version has glow enamel but you can still see the 2nd level. I far as I know this is only the second coin with a dangler. The dangler helps continue the authentic look of the coin.

The Chinese translates to: Front - "if a person has ambition, things will be accomplished". Back - "Strike while the iron is hot"

Size: Coin - 41.5mm x 45mm Dangler - 4.8mm x 32.5mm
Editions: Silver, Copper and Black Nickel
LE- Gold
Designed By: Mike Atwell & Jackalgirl
Trackable: www.geocaching.com
Special Features: Second coin ever with dangler. Dangler also has gems.
Icon: *When sales reach 250

1 comment:

Just John said...

I love that coin! I'd certainly like to come across one of those in a cache.

I check your blog almost daily. You seem to have the inside scoop on coins. Thanks for keeping us up to date!